Bringing Activity

Closer To Home

Fire Department History

"Where it All Began"

During the spring of 1946, the Loganville Fire Department was established, comprised entirely of volunteers from local businesses and residence within the community. The City of Loganville purchased 1940’s Military surplus fire truck from Fort Oglethorpe. The original station was located on Main Street near the old Logan Theater.

Change Your Clock, Change Your Battery

Read More >>

For CPR information, please contact headquarters at 770-554-9693

Fire Department Service Request Form

Loganville Fire Department operates out of three stations with 21 full time personnel assigned to the operations division working 24 hours a day, as well as 15 part time employees in the operations division and 4 administrative staff. The stations are located throughout the city to offer better fire protection. All three stations are located within a 2 mile radius of each other. Station 1 is located on Lee Byrd Road. It houses a 75’ aerial and 1 reserve engine. Station 2 operates out of Tom Brewer Road and houses 1 engine. Station 3 operates out of Old Loganville Road with 1 engine and 1 Battalion Chief. The primary role of the department is to service the areas within the city limits as well as surrounding areas through automatic aid agreements with Walton County.

 

The Fire Marshal’s Office is located at Tom Brewer Road.

November 1946

Original Members of the Loganville Fire Department

 

(L-R) Lee Carter, Smith Gleaton, Dr. Sam Stevens (Pharmacist), Sam Mobley, Clifford Cowsert, Clyde Hammer, Charlie A. Kelly, Jr. (Bank of Loganville President), Calvin Coker, Mayor Clifford Byrd

2012

Staff of the Loganville Fire Department

__________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________

(Back Row)

Lt. Andy Logan, Lt. Michael Moon, Capt. Dave Davis, Capt. Rick Morris, Batt. Chief Carl Morrow, Batt. Chief Benny Pilcher, Chief Danny Roberts, Fire Marshal Kent Durden, Batt. Chief Jason Ford, Capt. Tim Johnson, Lt. Kyle MacKenzie, Lt. Bradley Schuler, Lt. Derrick Brooks

 

(Front Row)

Sgt. Darroll Winson, Sgt. Rex Wamer, Sgt. Jacob Morrow, Sgt. Patrick Slocum, Lt. Darin Boozer, Lt. Scott Carson, Sgt. Andy Freeman, Sgt. John Copeland, Lt. Joey Mellin, Sgt. Stephen Wilson and Sgt. Jason Cain

 

Copyright © 2017 City of Loganville

P.O Box 39 | Loganville, GA | 30052

4303 Lawrenceville Road | Loganville, GA | 30052

 

The City of Loganville's E-Verify Identification Number for the Employee Eligibility Verification Program is #139001.

The E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program (EEV) involves verification checks of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases, using an automated system to verify the employment authorization of all newly hired employees, regardless of citizenship, after completion of the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9). The City of Loganville has been complying with E-Verify since July 24, 2008.

Fire Menu

  •  

    History

    Fire Marshal

    Employees

    Equipment

    Public Education

    Statistics